Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Visitor From California

Today, I enjoyed a visitor from Brendan Clancy and Patty, his wife of a year and their precious new daughter Maggie. (I was thrilled Maggie seemed to enjoy my company). Brendan has a special place in my heart. I first met him over 10 years ago at Grace Community Church. We did not hang out much then, but I was greatly encouraged by him. I observed what a humble servant of Christ he was (and is), how he would deny himself continually. One such sacrifice was putting his life on hold while he would live with a family in Michigan to help them build a monstrously large house.

This family had other friends who were starting a church, and asked me to come and help that church out about a couple hours away. While there, Brendan would come and visit occasionally and provided good-buddy companionship for a lonely soul I was. I cherished those rare special times of fellowship. He has since moved back to California, attending the Masters Seminary. Due to his abbreviated schedule on top of ministry, fulltime job and raising a family, it is taking seemingly forever to finish. But I look forward to the unfolding of the great plans God has for him and how he will be greatly used.

The Clancys were had taken a cross-country car trip to his native upstate New York to have his side of the family meet Maggie for the first time. They took the southern route on the return trip, stopping to stay with his sister in Humble, TX (near my residence!); so we took advantage of the time to fellowship together; it was just a short 2 night stop, having to squeeze in visits with other local relatives. Though my time with them was short, it was sweet!

Digital photos were taken of the visit; as soon as those arrive to me, I will upload them as cherished memories of this great day!

"Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days." Psalm 90:14

No comments: